When is the best time to have breast augmentation?
- Be mature enough to have breast augmentation. This is a medical procedure and a life-changing decision so before you decide to have it, make sure that you completely understand the risks and complications that could arise after the procedure. Most surgeons recommend waiting until you are 18 before you have breast augmentation.
- Wait until your breasts are fully developed before you get breast implants. You must see what your body shape and breasts will be so that surgeons can recommend realistic outcome once you have the procedure.
- If you plan to have children and have breast surgery, you should wait you give birth. Child birth can change the size and shape of your breast as well as it can swell and stretch out the skin.
- Schedule your procedure around your planned activities. It takes at least a month to fully recover from the operation so you have to make sure that you have ample recovery time.
- Make sure that you are in good health. It is an advantage that you are healthy before the procedure to avid complications in the long run.
- Plastic surgeons believe however that the best time to have breast augmentation (or any other cosmetic procedure) is when you have the support of your family, friends or spouse who are willing to take care and tend to your needs after the operation. Recovery time is a serious matter in plastic surgery so you have to make sure that someone will assist.